You have decided on the perfect college graduation gift for your daughter’s friends. Most of them will have taken the elective class that taught them the basics of buying and tasting wine. They learned about the difference in how white and red wines are made, how sparkling wines are made, and even some information about rare wines. As a result, you thought a fun celebratory gift would be a bottle of wine from one of the local wineries, as well as a history of wine from that particular region.
In addition to a college graduation, there are many times when a bottle of nice wine makes for a great gift. From anniversaries to birthdays to house warming parties, there are many times when an affordable bottle of wine can help someone learn about the region and a tasty drink.
When Was the Last Time You were Gifted a Great Bottle of Wine?
From fine Italian red wines that can cost hundreds of dollars to fine white French wines that you can find affordably online, it is important to make sure that you are aware of what you are purchasing. Even if you have never taken a class there are many resources that can help you figure out what to look for in wines, the pairings that are the most popular and the ways to make sure that you are storing your wipe the best way.
Consider some of these facts and figures about the wine industry and the impact that it has on the economy of the nation:
- Although they are popular across the country, California accounts for more than 90% of all wine production in the U.S.
- Research shows that drinking the equivalent of two glasses of wine day is linked to an 18% drop in a the risk of early death.
- Total alcoholic beverages sales in the U.S. are as high as $219.52 billion.
- Women typically choose wine over beer as their favorite alcoholic beverage. In fact, according to the Harris Poll as many as 46% of women name wine as their top choice.
- 949 million gallons of wine were consumed in America in the year 2016.
- U.S. wine retail sales are expected to increase by 11% by the year 2020.
With knowledge about fine white French wines and local wineries you can not only find a selection that you like, but also one that you might want to give as a gift.