Even though people tell you that you should not judge a book by its cover, it is important to realize that it is impossible to discredit the value of how something looks. From personal appearance to book jackets, we all know that looks can determine what kind of first impression is made. In the packaging industry, in fact, how a product looks is sometimes the only thing that matters. For this reason, there are a number of companies that offer marketing skills to help create the best possible custom packaging options.
From bag labels for coffee to pet food packaging for dogs, it is always important to make sure that the right message is sent when design decisions are made. In a world where looks matter, it is essential that you work with a marketing team that understand the latest trends in packaging design.
Printed Product Packaging Helps Market Any Kind of Item That Needs to be Sold
You only need to walk into a grocery store to realize the importance of bag labels and other kinds of packaging marketing techniques. Without the work of a professional marketing crew, in fact, many products never get noticed. They sit on the shelf, never get purchased, and finally get marked down so low that they are considered a total loss. Consider these facts and figures about the importance of product packaging and the impact that it has on the nation’s economy:
- 26% of respondents said that the packaging of a product is extremely important to their overall satisfaction, according to a 2016 West Rock Consumer Insights Study.
- 66% of consumers have tried a new product because the packaging caught their eye, according to the 2016 West Rock Consumer Insights Study.
- 85% of shoppers indicate that their purchase decisions are informed by reading a product package while shopping.
- Businesses that pay close attention to packaging have reported a 30% increase in consumer interest.
- 80% of the people who indicate that they are going to shop online for Christmas gifts say they are going to shop at Amazon.
- Of the people who are going to shop online for Christmas gifts, 46% of them will be using their desktop computers to complete their ordering.
Finding the right way to market your products can help you succeed in a competitive marketplace where consumers are bombarded with visual presentations from every angle.